Coldwell Banker® and your sales representative are committed to helping you acquire the property that is right for you. We offer a full service program and will work with you to develop a customized plan that reflects your needs. Your personal plan may include some of the Marketing Services listed below.
Buyer Counselling Session
- We will conduct a buyer counselling session to discuss your needs and goals, and to plan the search for your property.
Buyer Agency Alternatives
- We will discuss alternatives for agency representation that are available to you as a potential buyer - Buyer Brokerage, Seller Agency and Disclosed Dual Agency - and our representation of your customer interests in the different agency relationships.
Buyer Representation Agreement
- We will present and explain to you the buyer representation agreement and the special services and benefits it offers.
Home Buying Process
- We will explain the entire home buying process to you in advance and guide you through every step along the way.
- We will offer to arrange a pre-qualification or pre-approval appointment with a reputable lender to identify your range of affordability and to increase your negotiating strength.
Coldwell Banker Team Search
- We will present your property search criteria to our local Coldwell Banker sales team. Our goal is to present you, when possible, with properties as they debut or before they appear on the open market.
- We will show you properties that meet the criteria you have selected.
- We will discuss features of a property that may affect its value and future resale.
- We will review with you all inspection reports and other documents pertaining to the condition of the property, and answer all questions regarding physical defects of the property which are known to us.
Review of Written Seller Disclosure
- We will thoroughly review with you any seller's written disclosure statement to enable you to accept or specify the remedy for each fault disclosed. Remedies for any disclosed faults should be addressed in the offer to purchase.
- We will explain to you the option of an appraisal contingency.*
- We will explain to you the option of a home warranty plan to reduce your risk of repair costs when purchasing a property.
- We will recommend that you obtain a professional property inspection to address basic construction issues.*
Estimate of Funds Required
- We will provide you with a preliminary estimate of closing costs and down payment requirement anticipated in the transaction.
- We will prepare a written offer on the property you choose to purchase, with terms and conditions approved by you.
Property Inspection Remedies
- We will request in the offer to purchase that the seller remedy the items you specify after your review of the property inspection reports.
- A key role in any purchase, we're effective negotiators who will work hard to develop a strategy to deliver terms and conditions acceptable to you.
- We will endeavour to present your purchase offer directly to the seller in the presence of the listing representative.
- We will accompany you on a thorough walk-through of the property (if one is provided for in the sales contract) before closing, and we will assist you in dealing with any problems discovered during the walk-through.
Closing the Sale
- We will monitor and inform you of the progress of the purchase agreement, including the satisfaction of all contingencies and conditions during the entire transaction.
- We will contact you after the closing to follow up on remaining details or service needs.
Service Satisfaction Survey
- We will provide you with a confidential opportunity to give an evaluation of our services.
* Some Buyer Services are appropriate only when a Buyer Representation Agreement is in place.
The data relating to real estate on this web site comes in part from the Internet Data Exchange (IDX) Program of the GENRIS, powered by GENRIS. Real estate listings held by firms other than Coldwell Banker Finger Lakes, are marked with the Broker Reciprocity logo and detailed information about them includes the Listing Broker's Firm Name.
Listing information last updated on April 29th, 2017 at 8:18am CDT.